Steve Groves is a General Superintendent for Bald Hill Builders and has over 32 years of industry experience, working for some of the largest companies in the Boston Area. Steve is responsible for overseeing, managing and documenting all day-to-day job site activities, particularly OSHA safety compliance, and ensuring that projects exceed all client’s expectations. Steve establishes and implements the project baseline schedule based on the negotiated contracts, taking into account any elements that might impact the progress of work. Steve maintains this schedule throughout the project life-cycle by identifying and solving issues before construction timelines are affected. He also ensures that work performed is consistent with the contracted scope-of-work.
Prior to joining BHB in 2013, Steve has worked for Republic Building Contractors, J&J Contractors, Suffolk Construction, Sciaba Construction and Peabody Construction Company. Steve’s experience includes projects across various building types such as residential, restaurant, educational, medical, retail, sewer & water treatment, prisons, and athletic facilities.
Steve has been the Superintendent or Lead Superintendent for various high profile projects such as:
- 603 Concord Ave, Cambridge, MA – 61 Units,1st floor retail, underground parking ($18M)
- Park 77, Cambridge, MA – 93 apartments, underground parking ($21.2M)
- Alden & Harlow, Cambridge, MA – high-end modern chic restaurant ($1.1M)
- Nixs Mate, Hartford, CT – high-end small plates restaurant ($1.25M)
- Hebrew SeniorLife NewBridge on the Charles, Dedham, MA ($262M)
- 45 Province Street, Boston, MA ($120M)
- Archstone Boston Common, Boston, MA ($120M)
- John Adams Courthouse, Boston, MA ($147M)
- University Park at MIT, Cambridge, MA ($60M)
- McGlynn Elementary School and Middle School, Medford, MA ($25M)
- Boston Water and Sewer Commission Headquarters, Boston, MA ($44M)
- Wyndham Gardens Hotel, Billerica, MA ($18M)
- Area B-2 Boston Police Station, Boston, MA ($15M)
- Hillcrest Commons Nursing Home, Pittsfield, MA ($14M)
- Mediplex Nursing Homes, Mansfield, CT and Naugatuck, CT ($8M each)
Steve has a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Technology from the University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth. He also holds a Massachusetts Construction Supervisor’s License and is Massachusetts Board of Registration of Professional Engineers Land Surveyors L.S.I.T. Certified.
He currently lives in Massachusetts with his wife and 3 children.